TITLE: Security Intelligence Analyst
LOCATION: Indianapolis Metro
REPORTING TO: Vice President Corporate Security
SMR Group an international executive search firm whose global practice is focused exclusively on professional and executive level corporate security positions. It’s US based company, Security Management Resources, Inc. is seeking candidates in behalf of their client for the following opportunity:
The successful candidate will provide value added, risk based security intelligence products to support the safety and security of associates, non- associates, visitors and our facilities.
1. Develop and provide rapid assessments of security risks, vulnerabilities and complex threats through a wide array of open sources, established source network and organizational contacts using well developed analytical skills to proactively identify risks through both written and verbal products.
2. Identifies, tracks, and monitors emerging security threats and trends and keeps abreast of changing geopolitical events which could impact on corporate stability and operations. Provides research, analysis, coordination, publishing, and briefs, both verbal and written, on security threats, non-technical risks, and geopolitical issues and recommends changes in security direction and approach.
3. Works under consultative direction and assignments are usually self-initiated.
4. Independently initiates recommendations for change in corporate policies and procedures to counter developing security threats to the enterprise.
5. Researches and writes in-depth reports and advisories on security risks to associates and enterprise operations. Assesses unforeseen threat developments and recommends changes in security direction and approach. Prepares briefs on strategic intelligence issues for senior management. Manages and conducts research into various reference archives and databases to extract information contributing to threat and risk analysis or due diligence and background investigation research.
6. Coordinates the organizations risk model program and assign risk levels for all facilities using such variables as political unrest, terrorism, crime, natural disaster, and other risks or threats as designated.
7. Develops sources and maintains liaison throughout appropriate federal, state, and local law enforcement groups and with corporate functional entities and external counterparts.
COMPETENCIES / ABILITIES
1. Bachelors degree in any relevant field plus eight years experience with a major law enforcement, intelligence, public or private sector security or Business Intelligence organization.
2. Excellent writing skills are essential. Requires verbal acuity and the ability to comfortably address senior security and corporate management and large audiences. Must have excellent computer and research skills, and experience with Microsoft products and database management.
3. The incumbent must have the persuasive skills necessary to clearly present nebulous and non-specific threat or risk information with clarity and precision to elicit senior management acceptance and action.
4. Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
5. Experience using computer systems & software for data collection, storage, analysis and presentations.
6. Must have the ability to multi-task and work under definitive timelines.
7. Proven ability to analyze and interpret complex data and make recommendations for future action.
8. Experience with the developing and providing senior level government or private sector presentations.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes via the position posting on the SMR website at: http://www.smrgroup.org/SMR-Jobs.htm